DCRA 2004 CFRC Daily Summary
|Previous Day's Summary||
Wed 18 Aug 2004
|Next Day's Summary|
Note that clickable links to today's ranges, matches and aggregates are provided following the commentary.
Wed 18 Aug 2004
Once again, we have today been extremely fortunate with the weather, at least to the extent of not being rained upon while shooting. There was a sharp shower around 7:00 AM, but after that, in spite of threatening clouds, we stayed dry. It was warm and humid, with a steadily increasing wind in the afternoon. Later details of the President's and Gibson had quite a rough time. Gusts at 600 yards, for example, required 3 or 4 minute changes. The main match completed today was the President's (10 shots at 300m, 500y and 600y), the second part of the qualifying stage for the Governor General's Final. Two are tied with 150.20, David Luckman, GBRT, and James Paton, White Rock, BC. Geoff Woodman , New Harbour, Newfoundland, was third with 150.18. There were 6 scores of 150 and 8 of 149. Wolfgang Scholze, BDMP, Germany, won the F Class with 177, from Wiliam Hammers, West Bloomfield, MI, 176, and Dave Rumbold, Ottawa, Ontario, 172. Also fired was the 800 metre range of the Gibson, with the 300 metre and 600 yard ranges to be fired in the morning. There are several team matches concurrent with the President's: Ladies Pairs - "The Strawberry Tarts" - Linda Miller, Burnt River, and Nicole Rossignol, Ottawa, Ontario. Families - Des Vamplew, Toronto, and Pat Vamplew, Whitby, Ontario. Otter - Cadet Teams - Athelings "B" Aylmer Gard - Club Teams - BCRA, Lower Mainland Carling Breweries - Provincial - BCRA From yesterday, we have the result of the Coaches Team - coach Nick Hinchliffe, shooters Parag Patel and Toby Raincock of the GBRT. In the Grand Aggregate, we now have fired 655 possible points, with another 175 to go. David Luckman, GBRT, leads with 652.90, from Jon Underwood, GBRT, 651.85, and James Paton, White Rock, BC, 650.86. In F Class, Wolfgang Scholze now leads with 761 (HPS 786), from Dave Rumbold and William Hammers, each on 751. The Governor General's Qualifier was headed by David Luckman, 255.37, from James Paton, 254.33, and Jeremy Langley, GBRT, 254.27. Subject to any changes of scores, the last score to qualify is 249.29, made by Toby Raincock and Jon Cload, both of the GBRT. Only the scores in the President's are carried thorugh into the Final. In F Class, Wolfgang Scholze leads with 299, from William Hammers, 297, and Dave Rumbold, 294. Last qualifying score was 282, made jointly by Jim Thompson and John Ingoldsby. The Britsh Rifle Team held a reception this evening. Very enjoyable, except that while it was a warm and sticky inside, there were millions of bloodthirsty mosquitos outside! I enjoyed the Pimms. Tomorrow sees the completion of the Gibson, and then the Outlander for visiting overseas teams, Provincial and London Merchants for provincial teams, Michael Faraday for cadet teams, as well as further non-aggregate individual matches. The weather folks are calling for showers (70% probability of precipitation) in the morning, 30% in the afternoon and on Friday. The outlook for Saturday is mixed. May we be as fortunate over the next three days as we have been over the last few!
|Ranges Shot Today||Matches & Aggregates Completed Today|
|PRESIDENT'S 300||GOVERNOR GENERAL'S QUALIF.|
|PRESIDENT'S 500||THE PRESIDENT'S|
|GIBSON 800||THE CARLING BREWERIES (TEAM)|
|PRESIDENT'S 600||THE LADIES' PAIRS (TEAM)|
|THE VETERANS (TEAM)|
|THE AYLMER GARD (TEAM)|
|THE OTTER (TEAM)|
|THE FAMILIES' (TEAM)|
|GRAND AGGR. TO WED. 19:00|
|Previous Day's Summary||DCRA 2004 CFRC main page||Next Day's Summary|
This page last updated Thu Aug 19 2004 07:02:52
SmallArmsTM software supplied by J.D. Gorrie & Associates Ltd.
Comments and suggestions about this web site are welcome.
E-mail may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.