The Dominion of Canada Rifle Association (DCRA) is the national governing body of full-bore rifle shooting in Canada. It represents the interests of its affiliated provincial rifle associations at the national and international level and conducts the Canadian Fullbore Rifle Championships each year. In order to become a member of the DCRA, you must first become a member of your respective provincial rifle association or, if you are a resident of the National Capital Region, the National Capital Region Rifle Association. For more information on membership in the DCRA, please visit the website of the rifle association in your province of residence (see links below).
Current DCRA Membership Rates (effective 1st April 2016 for the 2016-17 Membership year)::
Under 25 Annual: $70
Under 25 Associate: $30
Limited associate: $30 (Not available in 2016)
Non-Canadian: $50 (for entry into Canadian National Championships)
Liability Insurance Fee (for active DCRA Life Members) $20.00
Winter Postal Matches: $20
Life membership: Please contact DCRA office.
Membership and Shooter Insurance notes:
*NEW* Insurance Provision for Guests
The DCRA insurance policy stipulates that an individual must be a member of the DCRA and participating in a DCRA sanctioned event to be covered. In order to attract new members, PRAs may invite guests to take part in any shooting event for one day (only).
- All Membership Fees will increase by $5 effective 1st April 2017.
- Membership year is 1 April until 31 March.
- DCRA membership includes liability and accident insurance for shooters at DCRA and PRA sanctioned events.
- Full DCRA membership is required in order to be considered for participation in international competition and National Championship matches
- Associate membership (or full membership) is required to participate in regional DCRA sanctioned matches.
Wondering what Target Rifle Shooting looks like? This video has lots of great images from a PQRA shoot in 2012: Click here.
Provincial Rifle Association Links