The Dominion of Canada Rifle Association (DCRA) is the national governing body of full-bore rifle shooting in Canada. It represents the interests of its affiliated provincial rifle associations at the national and international level and conducts the Canadian Fullbore Rifle Championships each year. In order to become a member of the DCRA, you must first become a member of your respective provincial rifle association or, if you are a resident of the National Capital Region, the National Capital Region Rifle Association. For more information on membership in the DCRA, please visit the website of the rifle association in your province of residence.
Current DCRA Membership Rates (effective 1st April 2016 for the 2016-17 Membership year)::
Under 25 Annual: $70
Under 25 Associate: $30
Limited associate: $30 (Not available in 2016)
Non-Canadian: $55 (for entry into Canadian National Championships)
Liability Insurance Fee (for active DCRA Life Members) $20.00
Winter Postal Matches: $20
Life membership: Please contact DCRA office.
- All Membership Fees will increase by $5 effective 1st April 2017.
- Membership year is 1 April until 31 March.
- DCRA membership includes liability and accident insurance for shooters at DCRA and PRA sanctioned events.
- Full DCRA membership is required in order to be considered for participation in international competition as well as participation in the Canadian Fullbore Rifle Championships.
- Associate membership (or full membership) is required to participate in regional DCRA sanctioned matches.
- Associate membership rates apply for entry into the National Black Powder Championships, the F-Class National Championships, and the National Service Conditions Championships. See individual entry forms for details.
Wondering what Target Rifle Shooting looks like? This video has lots of great images from a PQRA shoot in 2012: Click here.
Provincial Rifle Association Links